Fees for Show/Hide Help
Results Table Explained
- MBS Item No. - item number as listed in the Australian Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS). Click on an item number for more details such as the MBS categorisation, and for anaesthetic items the number of basic units.
- MBS Description - item description as listed in the MBS
- [Fees Schedule] Fee - the fee for the MBS item as per the selected fees schedule for your State or Territory. For health funds this is their Gap Cover fee.
- [Fees Schedule] Derived Fee % - for items with derived fees, the formula or percentage used to calculate the fees. Examples: 1.45 or 145 or 45 = 145% of MBS fee; D or DERIVED = derived as per the rule for that MBS item
- MBS Fee 100% - the full fee for the item as per the MBS
- MBS Fee 75% - 75% of the item fee as per the MBS. For most inpatient services, Medicare will only pay a maximum of this amount (some attendances attract a 100% MBS rebate).
- MBS Fee 85% - 85% of the item fee as per the MBS. For most outpatient services, Medicare will only pay a maximum of this amount (some attendances attract a 100% MBS rebate).
- Table Navigation - a maximum of ten items are listed per page. Use the navigation controls below the table to go to another page of results.
- Results Ordering - by default, items are listed in ascending order by MBS Item Number. Click any heading to sort the table by values in that column in ascending order. Click the heading again to sort in descending order.
- No Records Found - this will appear in place of the results table if none of the item numbers and/or keywords have fees listed in the selected fees schedule.